Monday 20 February 2012

Blanket box - Re-Vamped!


Ta-Da!
I finished my blanket box!







I bought this sucker off Trade Me a month back and it had dark brown wood and the stain had started to flake and peel.

Since I had a huge bucket of paint from all my other projects I thought I would give this a coat or two.

Luckily Dave suggested I remove the awesome hinges before I painted. Such a thinker!

So on the occasional sunny day the box came out for a coat of paint. Then I re-attached the hinges and sanded it back.

The peeling stain lifted up some ridges on the top of the box but when I gave it a light sand it came up really nice and looks really rustic. I just sanded all the edges a-la Shabby Chic and ta-da! One re-vamped blanket box for a yet-to-be-defined purpose. Craft Box? Actual Blanket Box? General Storage Box? It is so cool. I am loving it.

Hinge - So glad I didn't paint over them! Thanks Dave!

xx 
Amy

3 comments:

  1. TOY BOX! For... all your toys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol which equals one tupperware puzzle ball with half the blocks missing. That is probably all the toys I own. But once I have kids it will be perfect! Killer likes to hang out in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A CRAFT BOX!!? For sewing machine, fabrics, paints etc!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!