Tuesday 11 September 2012

Sonic Blanket...getting pretty close!

Look what I picked up at a garage sale last weekend!
In working order!
For the hefty price of $5!

I can't find a model number on this beast but I found the Brother Wizard which looks like it is kind of close.

I gave it a good wipe down but it needs a good oil. The case it came in got water damaged in the previous owners garage and the wood base got a bit mildewy but other than that it is in such good condition!


Anyway, what you have all been itching to see... the progress of my Sonic Blanket.

Killer got hold of my un-woven-in ends

I have only got about 5 rows to go now, which equals about 36 squares. Pretty exciting to see the progress, although I still have the background to go which is heaps less exciting. I am still not quite sure what colour the background will be - either mint green or a light blue?

Fun Fact - Sonic will be a bit taller than me when completed!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she's beautiful! The machine, the blanket, the Killer cat.

    You are a champion! I wish I had the patience (or stamina) to crochet something massive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly - to be honest I didn't think I would make it this far!

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that sewing machine and WOW your blanket! Talented

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally awesome on all accounts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's truly impressive. I definitely agree I would get too impatient also. How cool! I reckon the background should be mint green!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!