Thursday 12 December 2013

19 Weeks Pregnant


Nearly half way!
This pregnancy is flying by but also going so slowly! I think being in the lead up to Christmas with all its festivities is making the weeks go faster.

This week:
  • I can feel the baby move! It started a week or so ago with a sort of flippy feeling below my tummy, sort of like being on a roller coaster. Now I can feel decent kicks but they are still quite muted. I like to describe them as being like a swimmer finishing a length and doing a somersault turn and pushing off the wall. That push feeling is how I would describe the movements I'm feeling. It is pretty exciting, and Dave got to feel a good kick last week which is even cooler! I know it won't be long until baby runs out of room so I will enjoy these tiny movements while I can.
  • I discovered the slightly irrational preggo emotions. I like to think of myself as pretty easy going but the last couple of weeks have brought out some tears and crazy feelings. However the people I talked to said that it was completely justified. (Calm down crazy preggo!)
  • I can feel myself getting bigger and my centre of gravity changing. Even though I'm not showing much yet, I still feel like I need to counter balance myself by leaning back more.
  • I am starting to feel the heat big time. Working at the cafe is pretty interesting on a warm day, especially next to a hot oven. Lemonade ice blocks are my friend!
  • Food Faves: Iced Chocolates. Cheese scones. Pizza subs from Subway. Apples.
    Food No-no's: Maccas/Burger King burgers, Sausage rolls, Eggs. Bacon Sandwiches. 
  • Baby is growing super fast, it can hear my voice and is starting to grow hair - I hope! It is around the size of a mango and it is only 5 days until we find out whether we are having a wee boy or a wee girl! We have no inclination whatsoever as to the gender so it will be a great early Christmas present. If you are the praying type, I would appreciate prayer for baby's health and also my own as I get into the next half of my pregnancy. 
See you all next week for the gender reveal - all going well!
xx

3 comments:

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!